Friday, December 29, 2006

The PS3 & after Christmas Returns and Exchanges

While I had the joy of dealing with Target’s new return policy. Basically you are treated like a criminal. Even things you have a receipt for are a pain to return. So what I did was call their corporate number +1 (800) 440-0680 & let them know I will not be giving them my business anymore. Other companies are much easier to deal with and thus more worthy of my business. I did get a Playstation 3 & I will admit it’s very nice however I do have some concerns.

1. The online store is buggy and slow. It’s not even close to the ease of use and elegance of XBOX Live.

2. The external case is a dust, scratch magnet and the plastic is way too soft. My unit had a small dent on it before I even removed it from the box.

3. System updates are not automatic enough. On XBOX Live I just get prompted say yes and the firmware and game updates just happen quickly. With the Sony model you have to go look for the update & they are slow. When I tried to update to firmware 1.32 it took me over 2 hours to successfully download due to system lockups & then when I did finally have the update it took 15 min to apply it. I just went to bed after it was done I did not even want to try to play my game.

4. It has no download queuing. I know this feature was not part of XBOX Live when it started but Microsoft did add it hopefully Sony follows suit.

1 comment:

paddingfaiths said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.