Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Bluetooth, Symantec Antivirus & GameSpy Arcade

Life with Bluetooth has proven to be a disappointment. Mostly because it’s kind of flakey and annoying. The Widcomm drivers completely destroyed the Microsoft Bluetooth stack. So I had no choice but to continue using it once I installed it for the first time. The other thing that got me is it would tell me every time I tuned on caps lock. Why I don’t know... but after I found the key in the registry I was able to turn that "Feature" off. The other weird company policy of the day is Symantec's treatment of GameSpy Arcade. Apparently they think its adware and promptly/automatically uninstall it. It took me over 2 hours to figure out how to stop it. Hopefully I got it fixed.

Here is the registry key to turn off the caps lock notifer.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BTConfig\General\KeyIndication = 0

No comments: