Sunday, August 01, 2004

Viewsonic Flat Panel VP201s to go with my Geforce 6800 Ultra

Well I had to do it, I bought a ViewSonic VP201s 20 inch flat panel and damn is it awesome. Coupled with the BFG Geforce 6800 Ultra OC games look great. I don't notice any blurring at all. By the way when I spoke to ViewSonic tech support originally I was told that I needed to make sure my monitor was made after February 2004 or it was possible that the panel would have a 25ms response time not 16ms. Took all Sunday to buy however. First I bought one at Fry's and that had close to 40 dead pixels in the upper left corner. So I took it back and they had one more and it had big cluster of 8 in the center of the screen. I got my money back. By the way both of those were made in January 2004 and I did notice blur on the first one I brought home. Then I went to Roseville, California CompUSA got another one. Luckily this one was made in May 2004 and I can't find one dead pixel or see any blur. I can't wait to see Doom 3 on this thing. FarCry at 1600x1200 with all the options on is insane.

Happy Birthday Aunt Helen

No comments: